easy air fryer Zucchini
Thanks to a follower on my Instagram for seeing the post of the fried zucchini I had for lunch yesterday. She asked if maybe Fried Zucchini could be made in an Air Fryer. As a result she was the inspiration for this post. Thank you to my readers, most of all, if there is something you would like to read, see posted or have a recipe to, don’t hesitate to ask. If you ask, you shall receive a post! LOL so without further a do…Easy Air Fryer Zucchini.
½ C. panko crumbs
¼ C. grated parmesan
¼ tsp. basil
¼ tsp. oregano
Dash of cayenne pepper
¼ C. egg white (about 2 egg whites)
2 medium-sized zucchini
- In a bowl, mix together the crumbs, cheese and herbs, set aside.
- Wash the zucchini well; leave unpeeled. Cut in half cross wise, then cut into wedges not more than 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray top rotating pan of Air fryer.
- Put egg white in a shallow bowl or place.
- Put a small amount of the crumb mixture on another plate. (Important! Only work with a small amount of crumb mixture at a time.)
- Dip a zucchini wedge in the egg white to coat, then in the crumbs to coat, pressing down well.
- Then put in Air fryer pan.
- Repeat till all wedges are coated. When Air fryer pan gets full, then put the prepared wedges on a plate to wait (don’t stack.)
- Refill the crumb mixture plate with a bit more crumb mixture as necessary.
- Wash and dry your hands to start fresh.
- Spray lightly the wedges that are in the Air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes; with tongs turn them over, and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Take all these out, put somewhere with a cover over them (such as a microwave plate cover) to keep warm, then do the second batch of wedges.
- When you’re ready to serve, carefully add the first batch back in, and give them all another minute or two to get piping hot.
- Makes enough for 4 as a generous side dish.
- Serve each serving hot with its own allotment of dipping sauce made from 2 tbsp fat free yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp low-fat Blue cheese or ranch dressing.
So, in conclusion, yes Easy Zucchini with an Air Fryer can be done. Finally, I hope you enjoyed this post. Remember to like, share, and subscribe to this site to get all of my recipes sent to you directly.
Until next time
– Lynn Cannon
3624total visits,3visits today