how to make chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis sauce
Cora Schuler is going to show us how to make chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis sauce. What better way to make chocolate cheesecake than to begin with your own homemade chocolate pie crust?
Chocolate Pie Crust ingredients:
10-12 Chocolate Graham Crackers
1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pie pan with cooking spray.
- Crush the crackers resulting in fine crumbs.
- Next, add sugar mix well with a fork.
- A little at a time, add the butter and continue mixing with a fork.
- Next, with a small glass or measuring cup press the crumbs down into the pie pan.
- Make the crust also come up the side of the pan about 1/4 inch.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, go ahead and prepare to make the chocolate cheesecake.
chocolate cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1/2 C. Milk
- 2 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate or Bittersweet
- 1 tsp. Espresso powder, optional for enhanced flavor
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 C. Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Unbleached All purpose flour
- Reduce the oven heat to 350°F.
- Combine the milk and chocolate chips in a small saucepan
- Heat, until the chips melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the espresso powder, and set the mixture aside. As a result enhances flavor.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar at low speed, until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat to combine after each one.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Then the flour.
- Add the chocolate/milk mixture and beat slowly until combined.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl; beat briefly, just until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
time to bake:
- Bake the cheesecake for 45 to 50 minutes. When the cheesecake is done, test it by a toothpick inserted into the cake 1″ from the outside edge and comes out clean. Expect your chocolate cheesecake to seem like “soup” in the middle.
- Turn off the oven and crack open the door several inches and allow the cake to cool in the oven for another hour.
- Finally, set it on a rack to finish cooling. When it’s completely cool, cover the cake and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Raspberry Coulis Sauce ingredients:
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 1 lb raspberries
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes.
- Put the raspberries also the sugar syrup in a blender and puree.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds, therefore as a result a seedless sauce.
So there it is, a most noteworthy dessert!
Until next time,
– Lynn Cannon
687total visits,3visits today